Friends of Sturt Street - FOSS
In 2018 a group of Sturt Street parents formed the Friends of Sturt Street (FOSS) parent group.
Run by parents and supported by the school, FOSS brings together parents to raise funds to enrich students education by providing equipment and materials to enhance the facilities of the school, and provides a relaxed and casual pathway for parents to be actively involved in supporting the school.
In previous years FoSS has:
- Held a Bunnings BBQ Fundraiser at the Mile End store
- Held community coffee van mornings after school drop off
- Supported the music performance evening with coffee and cake stall
- Used its fundraising to support the Yr 6/7 camps and graduations and a Yr 7 Art project.
As part of our community FOSS
- does fundraising to help meet some of the financial needs of the school
- determines how to spend funds the committee raises
- seeks to stimulate an active interest in the life of the school
- works with the school to create a welcoming, supportive and engaged school community for families
- helps to strengthen community inclusion between parents, the school and broader community
Parents are welcome to contribute to FOSS regularly or just for the organisation of a particular event. All ideas for activities, involvement and support are welcomed.
FOSS usually met twice a term at a time/day that is decided by the members for a very casual, get together meeting. It submits a report on its activities and plans to the Sturt Street Governing Council and the school supports FOSS with administration and communication channels to the community.
Please get in touch with us through the Front Office if you are interested in knowing a bit more and helping our school community.